Today is lucky number 13! To celebrate, I am going to list 13 things I’ve discovered in the last 13 days.
- I’m enjoying my own (sober) company a lot more than I thought I would.
- I was drinking to numb a lot of painful feelings.
- I am now being forced to deal with all those painful feelings, which is really hard because it’s about 15 years worth of alcohol suppression.
- I’m more inclined to clean, run errands and be out and about after work now that it doesn’t involve alcohol. Previously, I’d have the gumption, but after a few drinks I’d lose the will to be productive.
- I look forward to waking up without a hangover.
- I still enjoy the bar atmosphere and haven’t felt tempted while at bars with my husband or friends, but I’m wondering if that will change.
- I’m excited for events that are months away because I know I will be sober and will enjoy myself more.
- I’m still struggling with my eating habits, but things are evening out.
- If my glass is empty, I will fill it up and drink until the pitcher is gone. I discovered this after purchasing a water pitcher over the weekend. It sits on the coffee table while we watch TV, and I have a compulsion to drink it until it’s gone. It was a mind-blowing epiphany.
- There is such a thing as a sugar hangover.
- When I see people drink on TV, I miss it. When I see people drink in real life, I don’t miss it.
- I don’t think I have ever been as hydrated as I am right now.
- As scary as it sounds to say it out loud, I don’t ever want to drink again.